In an effort to reduce the financial burdens to families in paying for our high-quality, private school education, The Foundation Academy supports three different scholarship programs that you may qualify for:
The Step-Up For Students Scholarship:
The Step Up for Students Scholarship is funded through the Florida Tax Credit program. The program provides K-12 educational scholarships for qualifying low income students who are entering Kindergarten or first grade or who attended a public school in the state of Florida the previous school year. The scholarship funds up to $4,011 for the 2012-2013 school year. If a student is already attending another private school with the Step Up Scholarship, it can easily be transferred to The Foundation Academy.
For more information visit their website at www.stepupforstudents.org
MAXIMUM TOTAL MONTHLY HOUSEHOLD INCOME BY LAW
#people in Household Total Gross Monthly Household
2 $2,333 per month
3 $2,944 per month
4 $3,554 per month
5 $4,165 per month
For each additional member, add $611
STEP UP FOR STUDENTS CHECKLIST
- Copy of paycheck stubs for most recent 30 days
- Copy of 1040, W-2 and/or 1099 for all working adults in household
- Copy of current unemployment, worker’s comp, VA, alimony, pension, retirement
- Copy of current AFCS/Food Stamp statement or award letter
- Copy of current Section 8 or HUD housing letter
- Copy of current child support documentation
- Copy of custody/residency doc for all children & adults in household
- Copy of Florida school report card, showing at least the first 3 semesters for 2011-2012 school year for each student entering 6th-12th grade. For students entering K-5th grade no prior year requirement applicable.
- Copy of the birth certificate for all children entering K or 1st grade
- Copy of proof of custody or residency for all children being applied for
- Pay online & enclosed of copy of your receipt or enclose your non-refundable $30.00 money order made payable to SUFS
Only the items that apply to your household are required
The McKay Scholarship:
The McKay Scholarship Program allows parents of students with disabilities to choose the best academic environment for their child. The program provides eligible studenst the option to go to a private school or transfer to another public school. To be eligible to participate in the program a student must have been issued on Individual Education Plan (IEP). Students must also have been enrolled in a public school the year prior to applying for the scholarship. To apply for the program the parent must file a Letter of Intent with the scholarship program. The student must still be enrolled in the public school system when the Letter of Intent is filed. If a student is already enrolled in another private school and is receiving McKay funds, the scholarship can be transferred to another private school that participates in the program.
For more information about this scholarship program visit their website at www.floridaschoolchoice.org.