Community Outreach is a part of life at The Foundation Academy from Kindergarten to 12th grade. In order to be a good citizen of a community, you must first know your community. Service to our community both allows us to do what love demands and it also helps us empathize and know our community better. Community work is an expectation for all students.
*As seen in our school planner one can a week is expected for our regular food giveaway. Please help your student to remember their weekly donation.
These are a few activities we are involved in:
- Visit the local health centers sharing songs, poems, cards and greetings
- Clean up at our local beaches, parks and recreational sights
- Donate cans of food weekly to B.E.A.M. (Beaches Emergency Assistance Ministry) and Mayport Mission two local resources for those needing food and personal items
- Host a booth at the B.E.A.M. Christmas party plus provide gifts to be given out by Santa
- Fill boxes for our military troops overseas
- Walk for our classmates in the Cancer Walk “Bringing Night into Light”
- Work with the USO helping disaster victims.
- Give dollars for relief efforts to American Red Cross
- Help with the local Habitat for Humanity Housing Project
- Participate in the Ride For Life Relay
- Participate in Jump Rope for Heart
And countless other places and involvement
Join us in helping our community!